There's been a lot of buzz around about hacking on Facebook and Twitter. Many people have had their accounts hacked in recent days. I woke up this morning and saw a mail from Twitter team alerting me to the fact that my Twitter account was hacked.
I did notice a suspicious activity on my account while I was still there last night but it never occurred to me I may have been hacked. It happened shortly after I signed into a website that promised to increase my followers.
There are so many tweets telling you about sites that can inflate your follower stats in seconds like the one below:
The best warning is to AVOID THEM. My password was reset by the Twitter team and I had to choose a stronger one.
Here are just a few tips on staying protected:
- Protect your password
- Memorize your password, do not write it down
- Do not share your password.
- Avoid using one password for all your logins on the internet.
- Don’t provide your password to someone.
- Avoid logging in from public computers.
- Change your password frequently.
- Avoid dictionary words.
- Avoid familiar items (names, phone number, etc).
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters e.g Ae45#@$%
- Use more characters (7+).
We all need to be very careful. I am glad I have had it sorted out.
All the best
NB: A couple of links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to purchase through the link I would receive a small commission. I only link products I really believe in.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE